BE SURE TO READ THE RED TEXT. ALL UPDATES ARE IMPORTANT, SO YOU SHOULD PROBABLY READ IT ALL!
Major changes have been made to the boards. These apply to already existing boards:
- /ib/ & /ip/: ...have been merged into /i/. We feel that there is no longer a need for two seperate
oekaki boards. /ib/ received 3x the postcount as well, so hopefully things will speed up here and stay at their present
quality (which is actually pretty good).
- /n/: ...has been removed. /n/ has never seen much activity and it was an upward battle getting people to respect the
no domesticated animals rule. We will be creating an animals board to help replace what was lost.
New additions for 04/07/06(trial boards):
- /mu/ - Music: ...has been added for the discussion and upload of images related to music. Instrument pictures, band pictures,
CD covers, album discussion, sheet music, etc. should all go here. Honestly, we don't see this lasting. We will not allow the upload of
music files, due to bandwidth constraints and legal concerns. Sorry. It was NEVER our intention to allow uploads here; this will not change.
- /tv/ - Television & Film: ...has been added for the discussion of TV and film from the past and present. Discuss recent episodes, recent movie
releases, old rentals, etc. Discussion of actors, studios, and all that is welcome as well.
- /ck/ - Food & Cooking: ...has been added for pictures and discussion of food, and cooking! Post recipes, your favorites, neat food pictures, etc.
- /cgl/ - Cosplay/EGL: ...has been added for images of cosplayers and primarily the posting of EGL fashions/clothing/discussion/etc. All subsets of EGL welcome, as is
general fashion discussion.
- /n/ - News: ...will replace the old Nature & Wildlife board. News + PIC is for the posting of current events, news items, etc. See http://cgi.2chan.net/n/futaba.htm for a great
example of what we want this board to be.
- /an/ - Animals: ...is being added to ease the removal of the Nature & Wildlife board. Pets, cats & kittens (no we aren't adding a specific cat board, but they can go here!), etc. should all go here.
- /ss/ - Straight/Shota: ...has been added to Saber's not4chan. This was requested for a while. Thanks to Saber for hosting it.
- /yg/ - Yogurt: ...we added Animals so why not Danimals :(
Yesterday's additions (04/06/06):
- /co/ - Comics & Cartoons: ...is basically /a/ for Western art. It has been received extremely well so far and I'm sure it'll stick around.
- /po/ - Papercraft & Origami: ...was added for the posting of neato papercraft projects (plus we added PDF uploading and thumbing support). We're pleased with it so far, but are worried
posting will die down soon. Don't let this happen!
- /sp/ - Sports: ...is honestly the most disappointing of the new additions thus far. /sp/ should not be /b/ with sports. We want real sport, team, coaching, game, etc. discussion and images. Make this count, it was requested
for quite some time. If post count and post quality does not pick up, this board might be removed.
If you feel we've missed out on a big board, feel free to email us or post it at tiny. We feel we've covered a lot of new territory with this update and will probably
not make any modifications until later down the road. Keep reading for the criteria a trial board must meet to stay around.
In order for these boards to stick around, you guys are going to need to do the following:
- Post to them! 4chan relies on user contribution. UPLOAD UPLOAD COMMENT COMMENT--it's what drives this website! We want to see activity on these new boards. If we feel
they don't live up to expectation and we could put our resources to better use elsewhere, we will remove trial boards.
- Don't get angry if we remove your trial board. It is a trial. Again, it's up to YOU, THE USER, to make these count. Don't merely leech. Contribute to your board to help
ensure it will stick around for a long time to come.
- Post quality should not be shitty. We are trying to add QUALITY boards, not nu-/b/'s for the first few days. If you fuck with these boards, you will be banned, plain and simple. We are trying to
give back to the community by doing this. We've listened to your input and feel this is a good mix of boards to add. Disagree? Feel free to email us or report it cohesively to tiny.cgi. Again, we VALUE
user input--without it you guys wouldn't be getting these boards!
- Get the word out. Know a community or friend that would appreciate these boards? Tell them. Although 4chan has never actively engaged itself in advertising, and instead opted to rely SOLEY on word of mouth, we're looking
to make these boards count early on. We will not test these out for a few months, rather, it will only be a few days to weeks. It is extremely important that you get your individual boards rolling ASAP so they don't
get the axe.